SUBSCRIBE TO MARKUSISTHEDRUG.COM

click here

HAVE MARKUSISTHEDRUG EMAILED TO YOU

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

THE MAN BEHIND THE SHOE...ANGEL CABADA


I've known Angel for sometime and I was glad to run across this interview from sneakerfreaker.com.  Supra has become one of the most sought out sneaker.  If I wear these shoes at a fashion show or at Target, people always stop me to ask what kind of shoes they are and where they can get them.  I also sport his clothing line KR3W.  Check it out!



SF Interview-

I know what you mean. What is the essence of Supra?

Supra is a Latin word that stands for ‘above and beyond’, that’s where I got the word from. Names are very important and it has to sound right. So that’s that.




Has the success exceeded your expectations so far?
I don’t know man, I think we’re just getting started. I mean, I’m happy and I’m satisfied that we’ve caught everybody’s attention and people are loving our stuff. I was hyped to see Little Wayne and Jay Z wearing Skytops at the BET awards recently. A lot of people are embracing the shoes, it’s all organic, it’s happening on its own.



You’ve partnered with Steve Aoki and Samantha Ronson and Chad Muska of course. It seems genuine to me and I think kids are responding to the fact that they’re close to the brand and they’re a nice fit with what you’re about. Are you a little cynical about the way some brands associate themselves with celebrities?
No comment. Everyone does their own thing. I just know that for me personally, I have to make this connection and the people that we have given stuff to are actually our friends. We’re not paying money to place the product. They’re my friends. Like I said, we don’t pay an agency $20,000 a month to place our products (laughs). I mean, you couldn’t pay me to put something on that I don’t like. I think that’s how they feel as well and I appreciate that. I don’t want to mention any names.

For the rest of thin interview by sneakerfreaker click here

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

 

MARKUSISTHEDRUG.COM is a MANZANO PRODUCTIONS©